Manage episode 324203397 series 2502275
Welcome to The Academic Life! In this episode you’ll hear about:
- The science that explains our busy minds
- What mindfulness is
- The difference between mindfulness and meditation
- How changing our habits is a small-step by small-step process
- A discussion of the book Bettter Daily Mindfulness Habits: Simple Changes with Lifelong Impact
Today’s book is: Better Daily Mindfulness Habits: Simple Changes with Lifelong Impact Mindfulness by Kristen Manieri. Mindfulness is a powerful tool for staying calm, centered, and steady―but it can be challenging to remember to stay mindful. Better Daily Mindfulness Habits helps practitioners of any level. Rooted in proven habit-building methodology, the book contains 40 practices designed to orient your attention to the present. In as little as a few minutes at a time, it can become easier to practice self-compassion and connect with others, your work, and yourself more mindfully.
Our guest is: Kristen Manieri, a certified habits coach as well as a certified mindfulness teacher. Kristen believes that when we actively engage in our growth and evolution, we can begin to live a more conscious, connected, and intentional life. She is the author of Bettter Daily Mindfulness Habits: Simple Changes with Lifelong Impact.
Our host is: Dr. Christina Gessler, a historian of women and gender.
Listeners to this episode might also be interested in:
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Tiny Habits by BJ Fogg
- Create Your Own Calm: A Journal for Quieting Anxiety by Meera Lee Patel
- The Mindfulness Journal by Worthy Stokes
- Quick Calm: Easy Meditations to Short-Circuit Stress Using Mindfulness and Neuroscience by Jennifer Wolkin
- The 60 Mindful Minutes podcasts with Kristen Manieri
- This discussion of meditation
You are smart and capable, but you aren’t an island and neither are we. We reach across our mentor network to bring you experts about everything from how to finish that project, to how to take care of your beautiful mind. Wish we’d bring on an expert about something? DM us on Twitter: The Academic Life @AcademicLifeNBN.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
Support our show by becoming a premium member! https://newbooksnetwork.supportingcast.fm/spiritual-practice-and-mindfulness