E32 #commshero tips - how to build a successful community
Manage episode 340199041 series 3365571
#commshero 2022 19-23 September
This episode offers you practical tips on community building by expert guest and #commshero community builder Asif Choudry.
Asif is marketing and sales director at We Are Resource and has built a global communications network called #commshero.
What started as an online communications conference 8 years ago is now a strong and vibrant community all year round. This year's #commshero conference lasts 5 days and...
- Has over 50 sessions.
- Is available on demand for 12 months.
If you look at the #commshero website you will see the saying - “With great power comes great comms responsibility” and we couldn’t agree more so we were delighted to welcome Asif to talk about how he created the legendary #commshero.
“We are so good at making everyone else look good …that is why we set up the community - to create the safe space for people to actually be positive and shout about the stuff they have done and share that best practice with the community. It shouldn’t take a pandemic to make a CEO to recognise the value”
Books & links
- #CommsHero Week 2022 – CommsHero 19-23 September 2022
- FuturePRoof (futureproofingcomms.co.uk) by Sarah Waddington Future Proof
- Sustainable Marketing – How To Drive Profits with Purpose by Gemma Butler and Michelle Carvill
3 AHA moments
- Know why you are building the community and tap into the sense of belonging.
- #commshero is still used as a conversation tool still running after 8 years. Think how long are you planning your community to last?
- Be there – don’t post and disappear. Don't schedule and disappear. Go in with eyes wide open and be there.
See you at #commshero 2022 starts on the 19th September.
The next Behaviour Change Marketing Bootcamp is live. The final date for 2022 is November 2nd. The Early-bird is open. Click here for half price training places before they run out.
Want your team to get on the same page around behavioural science? Book a call with Ruth to discuss your needs.