Manage episode 301440461 series 1051804
Guests: Josh Shilts, CPA/ABV/CFF/CGMA and Melissa Davis, CPA
The impact of the COVID pandemic on businesses and bankruptcy did not play out as many had anticipated. The support from the government through the CARES act and PPP loans appears to be helping individuals and businesses stay out of bankruptcy, but there is uncertainty around how long this will last.
Josh and guest Melissa Davis, CPA discuss:
- Low interest rates and government assistance appear to be holding off bankruptcy filings for now
- The economic uncertainty should be impacting company valuations going forward
- Knowledge of the client’s industry, business, and economic help professionals prepare supportable valuations when helping a client navigate Chapter 11.
The podcast will also discuss some important strategies such as:
- Liquidation analysis considerations
- Potential clients and related services that practitioners may assist and provide during bankruptcy proceedings
- Practice management considerations to assess before taking on this type of work
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Forensic and Valuation Services Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing forensics, valuation, fraud, fair value and damages and by the CFF Credential and ABV Credential programs which allow AICPA members to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/fvs to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.
Don’t miss an episode – subscribe to our podcast channel! And leave us a review so we can continue bringing valuable and relevant content to you.