Manage episode 300938619 series 1051804
Guest(s): Michael Tran Duff, Assistant Vice President, Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and Chief Privacy Officer (CPO), Stanford University
Doug Aguilera, CPA, CFF, CGMA, CFE
Cybersecurity threats are one of the biggest risks to an organization with little to no margin for weaknesses. We discuss the types of cybersecurity threats, response preparation and the strategic use of lessons learned. In this 2-part series, we’ll discuss:
- The types of information being sought after
- Who the bad actors are - State-sponsored organizations, organized crime, and others
- Risk models
- The types of breaches, including phishing and access to networks and systems
- Responses when you do have a breach. Incident response systems, including planning, executing, learning, and implementing improvements
- Information accumulated in an effective investigation
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Forensic and Valuation Services Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing forensics, valuation, fraud, fair value and damages and by the CFF Credential and ABV Credential programs which allow AICPA members to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/fvs to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.
Don’t miss an episode – subscribe to our podcast channel! And leave us a review so we can continue bringing valuable and relevant content to you.