Manage episode 292653575 series 94753
LAST EPISODE OF SEASON 13! Education is in a time of transition. We’re not quite to the point of post-pandemic teaching, but we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Moving forward, there’s going to be a lot of talk about what expectations to keep and what to let go of, and it’s critical to reflect:
- What parts of pre-pandemic teaching do we want to return to?
- What parts of remote and hybrid learning are here to stay?
- What do we want the future of education to look like?
The summer plan I’m suggesting in this episode to help you regroup includes 3 elements:
- A mental vacation (taking a break from thinking about work)
- Reflecting on what you learned about yourself and your teaching
- Daydreaming and reimagining the future
We all need a time of recovery and preparation between school years. And this summer, it's going to be more essential and than ever before to process how the past year has shaped our identities…not only as educators, but as humans.
Click here to read the transcript and participate in the discussion or, join our podcast Facebook group here to connect with other teachers and discuss the Truth for Teachers' podcast episodes. Learn more about the 40 Hour Workweek, 40 Hour Leadership for administrators, and 40 Hour Instructional Coaches.