Manage episode 345201777 series 2821290
The conversation this week is with Shawn Hymel. Sean is a machine learning DevRel Engineer, Instructor and University Program Manager at Edge Impulse. He creates compelling technical videos, courses and workshops around edge machine learning that inspire engineers of all skill levels. Shawn is an advocate for enriching education through stem and believes that the best marketing comes from teaching, you can be found giving talks, running workshops and swing dancing in his free time.
If you are interested in learning about how AI is being applied across multiple industries, be sure to join us at a future AppliedAI Monthly meetup and help support us so we can make future Emerging Technologies North non-profit events!
Resources and Topics Mentioned in this Episode
- Edge Impulse
- Introduction to TensorFlow for AI, ML, and Deep Learning
- Microsoft Azure
- Developer Marketing Does Not Exist by Adam DuVander
- Youtility: Why Smart Marketing Is about Help Not Hype by Jay Baer
- ShawnHymel on Adafruit
- Gartner hype cycle
- Spiking neural network
- Neuromorphic Computing
- Field-programmable gate array
- A Thousand Brains: A New Theory of Intelligence by Jeff Hawkins