Manage episode 286001363 series 1248921
Ana Lorena Fabrega is an EDUpreneur and former teacher known by little ones as Ms. Fab.
She's currently the Chief Evangelist of Synthesis School, an innovative online enrichment club started by the director of Elon Musk’s experimental school at Space X.
Synthesis helps students build decision-making & problem-solving skills through games.
Watch on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Fo_CM01BNTQ
After listening to this conversation, you'll understand:
- why the current education system needs an overhaul
- the skills we should be developing in kids
- unlearning & the future of education
- the role of technology in learning
- forest schools, micro-schools & alternatives for parents to consider
- how games can be good for your kids
- the lindy effect & ideas that will stick around in education
- remote vs online education
- recommended books for kids
Ana's Fab Friday Newsletter: https://afabrega.com/
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio: https://amzn.to/3pNfneZ
- The Man Who Walked Between The Towers by Mordicai Gerstein: https://amzn.to/3qSvnh3
- The Most Magnificent Thing by Ashley Spires: https://amzn.to/3pStkbu
- Fantastically Great Woman who Changed the World by Kate Pankhurst: https://amzn.to/3dG3nd3
- Rosie Revere, Engineer by Andrea Keaty and David Roberts: https://amzn.to/3uuPZyk
- What do you do with an idea? By Kobi Yamada: https://amzn.to/3qXaqSk
- Zero and One by Kathryn Otoshi: https://amzn.to/3dKezoM
- Beautiful Oops by Barney Saltzberg: https://amzn.to/3bC898H