Manage episode 336694788 series 2803669
Recognizing and understanding privilege can be a hard pill to swallow for some. It means admitting you’re not perfect and possibly “looking bad,” which we were all taught growing up not to do.
In today’s episode, host Calan Breckon unpacks some of the hard questions around community inclusion with guest Raymond Jordan Johnson-Brown and the work they do as an indigenous wellness leader. Raymond, who uses they/them pronouns, is passionate about creating connections for marginalized groups and having courageous conversations around these sometimes hard topics.
Together they explore questions like...
- How do you think people are “missing the mark” when it comes to inclusivity for racialized folks?
- How has your lived experience inspired your work?
- What is intersectionality?
- What are some of the ways the queer community has contributed/participated in systems of harm?
- What could a path forward look like to create an equitable world?
By the end of this episode, you’ll have a better understanding of how you can be more courageous about getting uncomfortable and having those sometimes difficult conversations around inclusivity.
Follow Raymond on Instagram: @TheOnlyRJJB
- Connect with us -