Manage episode 312007580 series 2921498
I remember my first branding shoot well.
It was a week into being full time in my business and it wasn’t exactly my idea of a good time - but you know why I did it?
Because people buy from people.
And if I wanted people to know, like and trust me (especially just starting out) - I needed to share photos of me.
Stock photos can only get you so far.
And before you say “oh Tahryn, but I hate getting photos of myself taken because I’m not photogenic at all”
I call bullshit on that as does today’s guest on the How I Do Content Podcast.
Laura Summla (or Social Laura as you may know her from the Gram) is a coffee enthusiast, wannabe skateboard pro and your fun AF branding photographer in Perth, Western Australia.
She’s originally from Estonia and has been in Australia for the past 13 years.
Capturing people as their raw self and letting them be themselves in front of the lens is her passion.
And she’s here to show you that professional photos don’t have to be icky and awkward.
But if you want to step into the next level of your business vision - you need professional photos - and Laura’s pretty good at taking them!
She’s all about empowering you to be your true self and accepting yourself as you are right now.
In today’s episode Laura & I chat about the importance of getting photos of you for your business and how you can prepare for your next photoshoot.
If you’ve been putting off booking your next brand photoshoot - you wanna listen to this.
Things You’ll Learn in this Episode of How I Do Content
- The importance of getting photos of YOU for your business
- Why Laura doesn’t believe in heavily editing your photos
- How to prepare for your next brand photoshoot
- Laura’s tips to help you feel camera confident
Connect with Laura Summla
- Follow Laura on Instagram www.instagram.com/sociallaura_
- Connect with Laura on Facebook www.facebook.com/sociallauraau
- Download your copy of Laura’s FREE Pose Guide https://www.sociallaura.com/poseguide
- Find out more and book your next photoshoot at www.sociallaura.com
- Instagram: @thesocialbolt
- Take the quiz! Discover Your Unique Blend of Content Magic at http://thesocialbolt.com.au/quiz/
- Get my DIY Content Wizard Bundle to help you with strategic content creation for your heart led business https://thesocialbolt.com.au/content-wizard-bundle-2/
- Website: https://www.thesocialbolt.com.au
Background Music is Copyright Free. You're free to use this music in your videos.
Track: Harry Potter Theme Song
Music promoted by Chayatori Records
Video Link: https://youtu.be/WY8-lVlLhWE