Manage episode 286002411 series 1260487
David Dachinger and Tamara Green, Founders of the Loving Meditations, are back for another episode. We talk about how meditation can be used from helping cancer patients and caregivers to those of us under stress due to the pandemic. We also demonstrate some easy and effective stress reduction techniques. David is a featured author, fire lieutenant and Grammy-nominated composer. He is also a survivor of stage-4 cancer. Tamara is an author, speaker and trainer, dubbed by Elle Magazine as “The Soul-centered Psychotherapist and Meditation Facilitator.”
In this Episode We Cover:
- How David’s Stage 4 Cancer Diagnosis created a reboot in their lives
- How David and Tamara created Loving Meditations
- The Similarity and Differences of a Cancer Diagnosis vs Grief, Anxiety, and Stress during Covid-19
- The Power of Clearing Statements
- How to approach Anxiety and Stress using Questions and Clearing Statements
- How to Honor your Emotions and Feeling Them while Staying Present
- The Risk of Dismissing Emotions
- One Minute to Calm Exercise
- How to Practice Self Compassion
- Conditional vs Unconditional Living
- Developing your own set of Mantras
David Dachinger and Tamara Green, LCSW are the cofounders of Loving Meditations and international best selling authors of their book, Live Calm With Cancer (and Beyond…). David is a featured author, fire lieutenant and Grammy® nominated composer who scored inspiring music for America’s most celebrated sporting events and television shows. Over 1.5 billion people have heard his music on CBS broadcasts of the Super Bowl, The Masters and the NFL. David is a survivor of stage-4 cancer.
Tamara is an author, speaker and trainer, dubbed by Elle Magazine as “The Soul centered Psychotherapist and Meditation Facilitator.” and featured as a behavioral health expert on Today.com. Tamara combines her many years of professional training and life experience, such as caregiving, to create powerfully effective guided meditations that have helped thousands to achieve peace, love and wellbeing.
Together, this married couple creates mindful wellness stress reduction programs to empower cancer patients, survivors and caregivers with self-love and self-care on their healing journey, from diagnosis to survivorship. These highly effective multimedia programs help patients and caregivers to dramatically reduce stress, anxiety, pain and discomfort. As speakers, they present workshops for those living with cancer and care partners at hospitals, senior centers and cancer support organizations. Check out their Loving Meditations App.
- Previous episode: Ep 25 – Loving Meditations – Bringing Mindfulness to Cancer
- Loving Meditations.com
- Loving Meditations TV
- One Minute to Calm: COVID19
- Loving Meditations App (Any Device)
- Live Calm With Cancer Book
- Ep 48 Wendy Yellen – How to deal with Fear, Anxiety, and Panic during COVID-19
- Ep 27 – Lodro Rinzler – How to and How Not to Meditate
- Ep 50 Blake Bauer – How to Love Yourself More
The post Ep 51 Loving Meditations – Approaching Covid-19 Grief, Anxiety, and Stress appeared first on Purpose Up.