Manage episode 291782416 series 2468914
Mother’s Day is right around the corner and this special episode is dedicated to every Mother!
As a parent, it’s normal for us to talk “at” or “to” our kids, but not necessarily talk “with” them.
Our children are extremely observant and not only do they learn from the lessons we teach them, but they also watch our actions and pull qualities that help them shape their response to situations. Having conversations with our kids is so important and many of them have so many questions regarding how to navigate in this world.
As a mother, it was hard for me to accept that my daughter is an individual being with various thoughts, opinions, emotions and experiences. At the age of 13, she’s experiencing things I never have, and this week, I finally got a chance to sit down with the “Mini Money Maven” herself, to answer some of the questions that she has about life.
To make things fun, we decided that instead of interviewing her, Reagan has the opportunity to ask me anything. From stories about my middle school days, to questions about motherhood and raising a teenager, listen in as my daughter, Reagan Washington, hosts this special episode with a Mother’s Day Q&A.
Reagan’s questions from this episode include:
- What Is Your Most Memorable Day In Middle School - 4:18
- What Did I Do As A Child That Frustrates You Or That You Love? - 8:06
- What Would You Name Me If I was a Boy? - 11:27
- What Is Your Favorite TV Show As A Kid? - 16:38
- What’s The Hardest Thing About Raising Children? - 18:48
- What’s The Funniest Thing I’ve Ever Said Or Did As A Kid? - 22:28
- Do I have More Of Your Good Qualities or Bad Qualities? - 23:40
- Which Of My School Friends (Or Their Parents) Did You Dislike The Least? - 31:02
This episode is brought to you by our complimentary Purpose Chasers community. Want to share your aha moments with a group of like-minded purpose chasers from all over the world? Visit iamapurposechaser.com and join NOW.
Mother's Day Q&A Takeaways
- “I will never forget the day that I got into a fight on picture day.” - Patrice Washington
- “Don’t take advantage of people that I love.” - Patrice Washington
- “One of the hardest lessons in raising my child was accepting that she wasn’t my mini-me.” - Patrice Washington
- “We’re so different, but we’re also very alike.” - Reagan Washington
- “We share ideas about things without trying to make them identical.” - Patrice Washington
- “I want you to be a productive citizen and do what you feel purpurposed to do.” - Patrice Washington
- “It’s okay to have ‘me-time’.” - Patrice Washington
- “I’d rather be able to be by myself and be okay, than be annoyed with other people and not really know why or how to control it.” - Reagan Washington
- “You have a right to your emotions.” - Patrice Washington
- “A lot of us spend a lot of time, energy, money, resources and heartache in relationships, friendships and partnerships with people who didn't deserve us.” - Patrice Washington
- “It’s hard to distance yourself from people that you’ve become close with, but when you do and time has passed and you see that they continue to do the same things that you warned them about, you will feel better because you’re not in that situation and you saved yourself. - Reagan Washington
- “It’s okay to feel your feelings.” - Patrice Washington
- “Peer pressure is real. You may not think that things are going to happen in that moment, but no one plans on doing something they’re going to regret.” - Reagan Washington
- “The hardest thing about being a parent is not being sure if you’re doing it right.” - Patrice Washington
- “Reagan, you make being a mom one of the best titles that I wear, and I’m very grateful to have you as my kid.” - Patrice Washington
Join Purpose To Platform: https://patricewashington.com/purpose2platform/
To advertise on the podcast: http://www.patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth