Manage episode 288429110 series 2794852
About six weeks ago, I did an episode about feeling sorry for myself. Since then, as I’ve seen how that applies to me and how feeling sorry for oneself affects many people. I’ve come to understand a number of related topics, including Personal Power, which I discuss in this episode.Highlights
- Step 1 in dealing with feeling sorry for yourself is to recognize the emotion and when it is coming up for you.
- I’ve come to realize how very different each one of us is and how there’s no way to truly understand what goes on inside of other people. The only one who can fully understand you is you.
- Many of our relationships are based on our wanting to be like other people.
- You have created your life outcomes, which indicates how powerful you really are.
- In our society, we haven’t learned how to embrace our differences as well as our similarities.
- I realize that you can never fully understand everything about me and what I’m actually feeling. But you can relate to what I’m saying.
- If we can each understand our differences, not just our similarities, we could live more peacefully with each other.
- To be comfortable with who you are, it’s important to accept how much power you have.
- In America, we have a huge amount of diversity, but a lot of people don’t want that diversity and don’t see its value.
- To stop feeling sorry for ourselves, we have to stop feeling like victims.
- When you start feeling powerless, examine your options and take action.
- When you’re looking at yourself, it can be hard to go deep and you may be seeing yourself from a negative point of view.
- This process can be complicated.
- Are you willing to look at yourself without thinking that who you are being and what you’re doing is wrong? Are you willing to go through a little bit of discomfort in order to move in a positive direction?
If you’d like to talk to me about how you can release your personal power, click here