Manage episode 288934921 series 2904354
Manuel San Miguel is the Co-Founder and CEO of Ignatica, a core insurance platform that aims to help insurers grow their markets, boost profits, and digitally serve consumers. Their goal is to help their clients penetrate new markets in a more seamless manner - despite different or heavy regulatory systems. As CEO, Manuel is skilled in software development, digital strategy, and risk management. Before founding Ignatica in January 2019, he worked with Manulife for over nine years as Chief of Technology, Architecture, and Digital Engineering.
Manuel joins us to share how Ignatica seeks to address the problem of digital transition in the industry. He discusses how their company makes use of AI and Blockchain to create a fully digitized insurance platform. He describes how his passion for martial arts influenced the path he took professionally and explains what digital transformation really means for a consumer. Manuel also shares why legacy thinking should be obsoleted in an ever-changing market and his insight on what insurance professionals should learn from the 2020 coronavirus pandemic.
"Life has a way of happening and doors have a way of opening." - Manuel San Miguel
Today on Spot On Insurance:
- The goal of Ignatica and the gaps it seeks to fill in the financial industry.
- How they incorporate AI and Blockchain technology.
- Why Manuel set his sights on the Asian market.
- How martial arts influenced Manuel's professional career.
- What Manuel noticed with distribution platforms and digitization.
- The definition of digital transformation from a consumer perspective.
- What 2020 has taught the insurance industry.
- Why legacy thinking is no longer applicable today.
- The difference between the way the Asian and US markets are handling digitization.
- ‘Digital’ is not just “I was able to do something online.”
- Many startups in developing countries have great ideas, but are hampered by overhead cost.
- Relying on legacy systems should no longer be a focus in a world where disruptions can happen at any moment.
Connect with Manuel San Miguel:
This episode was brought to you by…..
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s Premier Insurance Compliance and Licensing experts. To learn more about ILSA and their services, visit ILSAinc.com.
Connect, Learn, Share
Thank you for joining us on this week’s episode of Spot On Insurance. For more resources and episodes, visit SpotOnInsurance.com. Subscribe so you never miss an episode. Love what you’re learning, Spot Light your review on Apple Podcasts Rate and Review For SpotOn and share your favorite episodes with friends and colleagues!