Support is Sexy Podcast with Elayne Fluker | Interviews with 500+ Successful Women Entrepreneurs!
731: How to Pivot Your Business from Non-Profit to For-Profit with Shea Yeleen Founder Rahama Wright
Manage episode 260334633 series 1174496
On this Throwback Thursday episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, we hear from Rahama Wright, founder of Shea Yeleen, which is a social enterprise dedicated to empowering women in West Africa and the United States through the production, sale and use of shea butter products. Rahama takes us on a journey through the origin of her company Shea Yeleen as a non-profit organization, the major pivot she made to a for-profit business and how that has affected her ability to raise funding for the business, and why the right pivot in your business could be just what you need to have greater impact than you imagined.
On this episode, we discuss:
- The evolution of Rahama’s business from a non-profit to a for-profit business.
- How the right pivot can help you have greater impact.
- What is social impact investing and how does it work.
- You can have a mission and vision; but don’t be too tied to your model.
- Your team will look different for different stages of your journey.
- How do you get your products into big retailers.
- What you need to know before you pitch your products to big retailers.
For resources mentioned in this episode, or to hear interviews with more than 400 women entrepreneurs around the world, go to supportissexy.com.
HAVE A QUESTION FOR SUPPORT IS SEXY PODCAST HOST ELAYNE FLUKER? TEXT HER NOW AT +1 (908) 955-9422 AND SHE'LL TEXT YOU RIGHT BACK! SERIOUSLY! :) ASK YOUR QUESTION, OR JUST REACH OUT TO SAY HELLO.