Support is Sexy Podcast with Elayne Fluker | Interviews with 500+ Successful Women Entrepreneurs!
743: Fitlosophy Founder Angela Mader Talks about Life after the Sale of Your Business
Manage episode 273217186 series 1174496
In this episode of Support is Sexy, Elayne reconnects with Angela Mader, creator of Fitbook® and Fitlosophy and founder of Type A: Branding and Consulting, to talk about not only what it takes to build a company and brand from the ground up but also the process of selling that company. Our host and Angela discuss both the interesting nitty gritty details of exiting your business as well as the larger impact it can have on your life and identity. Angela has invaluable advice for entrepreneurs at all the journey’s stages on this episode of Support is Sexy.
Elayne Fluker is author of the new book, “Get Over ‘I Got It’: How to Stop Playing Superwoman, Get Support and Remember that Having It All Doesn’t Mean Doing It All Alone.” As host of the SUPPORT IS SEXY podcast, she interviews more than 500 successful women entrepreneurs around the world, who share inspiring, true stories of the ups and the downs of their entrepreneurial journeys. Elayne is also founder of SiS.Academy, an online learning platform for women entrepreneurs. For more information about Elayne Fluker, please visit elaynefluker.com. Thank you for listening!
About our Guest:
Angela Mader is a brand builder helping other entrepreneurs achieve ambitious goals with her branding and consulting company, Type A. She is also founder of Fitlosophy and creator of the company’s flagship product Fitbook®. In 2018, that company was strategically acquired by a larger consumer products company. Angela is also working on a book proposal.
Insight from this episode:
- How to balance your commitment to your vision with the flexibility needed to make good business decisions.
- Strategies on “playing smart” in business relationships with vendors and retailers.
- Questions to ask yourself if you are considering selling your business.
- Strategies on dealing with loss and changing your identity when you sell your business.
- Advice on why outside funding might not be right for your company.
Quotes from the show:
- “The more I shared more of my struggle behind why I created [Fitbook], the more I really found that the product was reaching the people I intended to.” –Angela Mader Support is Sexy Ep. #743
- “You won’t be successful if you tell your competitors how to compete with you.” –Angela Mader Support is Sexy Ep. #743
- “If you have a small mindset, you’re limiting the success of the business” –Angela Mader Support is Sexy Ep. #743
- “You have to take your business seriously before anyone else does too.” –Elayne Fluker Support is Sexy Ep. #743
- “There is a fine line between something being your passion and being your identity. Because having your identity based in anything that can go away overnight [...] can be dangerous territory.” –Angela Mader Support is Sexy Ep. #743
- “Girl, if you did it once, you can do it again.” –Angela Mader Support is Sexy Ep. #743
Facebook: Elayne Fluker
LinkedIn: Elayne Fluker
Youtube: Elayne Fluker
Linkedin: Angela Mader
Support is Sexy
Website: Support is Sexy Podcast
Facebook: Support is Sexy
Youtube: Support is Sexy Podcast Playlist
Post-production for this episode was provided by Podcast Laundry.
[Music: “Stomp and Clap” by Scott Holmes from Free Music Archive]
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices