Support is Sexy Podcast with Elayne Fluker | Interviews with 500+ Successful Women Entrepreneurs!
752: How to Build a Luxury Lifestyle Brand that Cares about Sustainability and Protecting the Planet with Ettitude Co-Founders Phoebe Yu and Kat Dey
Manage episode 278978848 series 1174496
In this episode of Support is Sexy, Ettitude Co-Founders Phoebe Yu and Kat Dey give loads of practical business advice and share the story of how they became business partners from across the globe and scaled their amazing brand. They share what is necessary for a successful business partnership and how that can apply to all areas of your life. Learn how Phoebe, Kat, and Ettitude are handling and making the most of the COVID-19 pandemic in this episode of Support is Sexy.
Elayne Fluker is author of the new book, “Get Over ‘I Got It’: How to Stop Playing Superwoman, Get Support and Remember that Having It All Doesn’t Mean Doing It All Alone.” As host of the SUPPORT IS SEXY podcast, she interviews more than 500 successful women entrepreneurs around the world, who share inspiring, true stories of the ups and the downs of their entrepreneurial journeys. Elayne is also founder of SiS.Academy, an online learning platform for women entrepreneurs. For more information about Elayne Fluker, please visit elaynefluker.com. Thank you for listening!
About our Guests:
Phoebe Yu is Co-Founder and CEO of Ettitude, who was joined by Kat Dey who is also Co-Founder and President of the lifestyle brand offering luxury modern bedding, sleepwear, and bath essentials, made from the world’s first clean bamboo. Amazing business women in their own rights, Phoebe and Kat joined forces in 2018 to grow this global venture.
Insight from this episode:
- Tips on finding innovative spaces and opportunities to shake up an industry.
- Behind-the-scenes look at sustainable industries and the parts you never even knew to think about.
- Benefits of a direct-to-consumer business model and how to leverage it for the best product and customer experience possible.
- How to overcome challenges unique to female entrepreneurs.
Quotes from the show:
- “I’m sure if we can develop a fabric, like our fabric CleanBamboo, that’s silky smooth, more feasible, and also very sustainable fabric at the price of conventional products, then why [wouldn’t] people want it?” –Phoebe Yu Support is Sexy Ep. #752
- “We’re really very deeply integrated in the whole supply chain… to make sure we have a very clean supply chain… I think our customer also appreciates this kind of transparency.” –Phoebe Yu Support is Sexy Ep. #752
- “Life changes and circumstances change, so it’s important to share how that’s impacting each other [in a business partnership].” –Kat Dey Support is Sexy Ep. #752
- “Giving back is also a way to make the society more sustainable. So what we care about is the balance of the people, the society, and the environment.” –Phoebe Yu Support is Sexy Ep. #752
- “Having a strong commitment and vision to your purpose is a guiding light through any kind of difficulty… everything is temporary, whatever challenges you might be going through, you’ll come out of it on the other side stronger and more prepared for future challenges.” –Kat Dey Support is Sexy Ep. #752
- “Learn how to lead, not to manage… find partners or hire people who are smarter than you, then you don’t need to manage them.” –Phoebe Yu Support is Sexy Ep. #752
Facebook: Elayne Fluker
LinkedIn: Elayne Fluker
Youtube: Elayne Fluker
Website: www.ettitude.com (Use discount code “supportissexy” for 20% discount)
LinkedIn: Phoebe Yu
LinkedIn: Kat (Vorotova) Dey
Support is Sexy
Website: Support is Sexy Podcast
Facebook: Support is Sexy
Youtube: Support is Sexy Podcast Playlist
Post-production for this episode was provided by Podcast Laundry.
[Music: “Stomp and Clap” by Scott Holmes from Free Music Archive]
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices