Support is Sexy Podcast with Elayne Fluker | Interviews with 500+ Successful Women Entrepreneurs!
763: What's Really Making You Sick? Dr. Anna Cabeca Gives Us the Skinny on the Effects of Stress, Hormones and Inflammation on our Bodies as Women
Manage episode 285100363 series 1174496
In this episode of Support is Sexy, Dr. Anna Cebeca, OB-GYN and author of The Hormone Fix, teaches how practical knowledge of hormones can drastically improve your overall health and well-being. From progesterone, cortisol, and oxytocin, Dr. Cebeca makes the connection between hormone balance and healing our bodies. Learn about simple steps you can take today to empower your body for healing in this episode of Support is Sexy.
Elayne Fluker is the author of the new book, “Get Over ‘I Got It’: How to Stop Playing Superwoman, Get Support and Remember that Having It All Doesn’t Mean Doing It All Alone.” As host of the SUPPORT IS SEXY podcast, she interviews more than 500 successful women entrepreneurs around the world, who share inspiring, true stories of the ups and the downs of their entrepreneurial journeys. Elayne is also the founder of SiS.Academy, an online learning platform for women entrepreneurs. For more information about Elayne Fluker, please visit elaynefluker.com. Thank you for listening!
About our Guest:
Dr. Anna Cabeca is a Triple-Board Certified OB-GYN and Founder of The Girlfriend Doctor Club who has worked with thousands of women one-on-one to help them understand and improve their health and manage their hormones. Dr. Cabeca is committed to supporting women so that they can thrive physically, emotionally, sexually, and even spiritually as they go through menopause. She is also the author of two best-selling books: The Hormone Fix and Keto-Green 16. Check out Dr. Cabeca's latest Master Class, Breeze Through Menopause Master Class. Registration is free and taking place virtually on February 18th, 2021.
Insight from this episode:
- Details on the power of hormones and their effect on our bodies.
- Self-medicating behaviors resulting from high cortisol levels that you might be doing.
- How to increase your oxytocin levels to reduce stress and inflammation.
- Why you might want to break up with sugar and the alternatives you can use.
- Strategies to improve your gut health and help your body detox.
Quotes from the show:
- “All diseases come down to two simple things: inflammation is number one, and number two is hormone imbalance.” –Dr. Anna Cabeca Support is Sexy Ep. #763
- “Hormones are such amazing molecules. They are more than chemical messages... They are also energetic communicators. They are energetic molecules.” –Dr. Anna Cabeca Support is Sexy Ep. #763
- “When cortisol goes up, oxytocin goes down, the hormones of love, bonding, and connection… Your body is in this state of disconnect. You become more isolated, have more anxiety and depression.” –Dr. Anna Cabeca Support is Sexy Ep. #763
- “[Self-care] is one of the best things I can write on a prescription pad for anyone. It is the best thing for survival. And it is listening innately to our body for what we need.” –Dr. Anna Cabeca Support is Sexy Ep. #763
- “It takes more than hormones to fix our hormones.” –Dr. Anna Cabeca Support is Sexy Ep. #763
Facebook: Elayne Fluker
LinkedIn: Elayne Fluker
Youtube: Elayne Fluker
Dr. Anna Cabeca
Pinterest: Dr. Anna Cabeca
Support is Sexy
Website: Support is Sexy Podcast
Facebook: Support is Sexy
Youtube: Support is Sexy Podcast Playlist
Post-production for this episode was provided by Podcast Laundry.
[Music: “Stomp and Clap” by Scott Holmes from Free Music Archive]
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices