Support is Sexy Podcast with Elayne Fluker | Interviews with 500+ Successful Women Entrepreneurs!
771: Reinvent with Support
Manage episode 289854190 series 1174496
In this episode of Support is Sexy, Founder and CEO of CoveyClub and former Editor-in-Chief of More Magazine Lesley Jane Seymour gives her best tips for successful reinvention. Lesley — who is featured in chapter 10 of Elayne's new book — Get Over "I Got It" (HarperCollins Leadership) discusses how to plan for different types of reinvention, the liberation of becoming who you are when you no longer care what others think, and her work in creating supportive communities of growth.
Elayne Fluker is author of the new book, “Get Over ‘I Got It’: How to Stop Playing Superwoman, Get Support and Remember that Having It All Doesn’t Mean Doing It All Alone.” As host of the SUPPORT IS SEXY podcast, she interviews more than 500 successful women entrepreneurs around the world, who share inspiring, true stories of the ups and the downs of their entrepreneurial journeys. Elayne is also founder of SiS.Academy, an online learning platform for women entrepreneurs. For more information about Elayne Fluker, please visit elaynefluker.com. Thank you for listening!
About our Guest:
Lesley Jane Seymour is Founder of CoveyClub, a meeting place for lifelong learners who support each other in business and personal growth. Former award-winning Editor-in-Chief of More Magazine, she is also current host of the Reinvent Yourself podcast. Lesley is featured in Elayne’s upcoming book “Get Over ‘I Got it.’”
Insight from this episode:
- Strategies to develop your reinvention mindset and get unstuck.
- How to let go of your former identity, cultivate your interests, and shift your paradigm.
- The dangers of routine and getting too comfortable.
- Reflections on what the world after COVID and rethinking work-life balance.
Quotes from the show:
- “You have to have a reinvention mindset because you can’t stop and get stuck in anything you do… it’s just a constant movement, a constant learning.” –Lesley Jane Seymour Support is Sexy Ep. #771
- “We use learning as the can-opener to any problem that we find out there.” –Lesley Jane Seymour Support is Sexy Ep. #771
- “Reinvention is coming your way… You have to keep your eyes open for all the reinvention opportunities that throw themselves in your path every day.” –Lesley Jane Seymour Support is Sexy Ep. #771
- “You have to have a reinvention plan in your back pocket… You need to take that side hustle and really start developing it.” –Lesley Jane Seymour Support is Sexy Ep. #771
- “We tend to fit ourselves into the box, but the box was very big before.” –Lesley Jane Seymour Support is Sexy Ep. #771
Facebook: Elayne Fluker
LinkedIn: Elayne Fluker
Youtube: Elayne Fluker
Lesley Jane Seymour
Facebook: Lesley Jane Seymour
LinkedIn: Lesley Jane Seymour
Support is Sexy
Website: Support is Sexy Podcast
Facebook: Support is Sexy
Youtube: Support is Sexy Podcast Playlist
Post-production for this episode was provided by Podcast Laundry.
[Music: “Stomp and Clap” by Scott Holmes from Free Music Archive]