Support is Sexy Podcast with Elayne Fluker | Interviews with 500+ Successful Women Entrepreneurs!
779: Let People Show Up for You
Manage episode 294440881 series 1174496
In this episode of Support is Sexy, Katherine and Nick North, who are featured in Elayne’s new book “Get Over ‘I Got It,” rejoin the podcast to talk about pride, support, creating safe spaces, and letting people show up for you. Hear more about asking courageously and answering with radical honesty in this episode of Support is Sexy.
Elayne Fluker is the author of the new book, “Get Over ‘I Got It’: How to Stop Playing Superwoman, Get Support and Remember that Having It All Doesn’t Mean Doing It All Alone.” As host of the SUPPORT IS SEXY podcast, she interviews more than 500 successful women entrepreneurs around the world, who share inspiring, true stories of the ups and the downs of their entrepreneurial journeys. Elayne is also the founder of SiS.Academy, an online learning platform for women entrepreneurs. For more information about Elayne Fluker, please visit elaynefluker.com. Thank you for listening!
About our Guest:
Katherine North is a writer and executive coach, helping high achieving, secretly sensitive women declare dominion over their demanding lives. She is the author of Holy Heathen: A Spiritual Memoir. Nick North is a brand strategist, speaker, and influencer who helps solopreneurs and corporations create more money, more impact, and more meaning in their businesses. Together, they made an award-winning documentary, Just Another Beautiful Family, and recently appeared on Discovery Plus show Life Under Renovation.
Insight from this episode:
- Why we don’t need to be the martyr ever and how to create safe spaces for ourselves.
- The benefits of focusing on the possible as opposed to what’s probable.
- Tips for getting comfortable with the “uncomfortable asking.”
- How to tell when you’re happily giving, tolerating, or enduring, and why you must protect your own emotional wellness and negotiate when necessary.
Quotes from the show:
- “I had a feeling of, like, I need to stick it out here because there needs to be a beacon of light. But then I got to the spot where I was like, actually no, that doesn’t have to be my job, and I’ve done it enough and my kids need to be in a spot now where they don’t feel different all the time.” –Nick North Support is Sexy Ep. #779
- On being straight passing: “There is a cost to it. There’s a cost to every time someone says something terrible to you, even if they didn’t mean it to be terrible. Even if their intention wasn’t to hurt you. It still hurts.” –Nick North Support is Sexy Ep. #779
- On the uncomfortable asking: “That can feel really scary. That could be a huge fight. That could potentially open up big cracks in the foundation that you were just really hoping you wouldn’t have to look at.” –Katherine North Support is Sexy Ep. #779
- “If my “why” has good intentions… then I can change it from it being about me to it being about giving back… If I can go back to the why I need that support, it usually has a really good intention behind it that will put good things into the world… If I have to trick myself to take care of myself that way, I’m for it.” –Nick North Support is Sexy Ep. #779
Facebook: Elayne Fluker
LinkedIn: Elayne Fluker
Youtube: Elayne Fluker
Facebook: Declare Dominion
Support is Sexy
Website: Support is Sexy Podcast
Facebook: Support is Sexy
Youtube: Support is Sexy Podcast Playlist
Post-production for this episode was provided by Podcast Laundry.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices