Manage episode 294186707 series 2901819
A native Brit, after 9 transatlantic moves, Lillian is now at home in Washington DC. She discovered the joy of audiobooks while homeschooling 2 children, and has developed her passion for learning into well rounded audio narration career. Connecting with each character in a project, she brings her heart along with a mix of proper British class or east coast attitude to every project.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Lillian got started in voiceover work
- What she does to keep her voice healthy
- How she got started in recording audiobooks
- The growing popularity of audiobooks
- The types of audiobooks she narrates (fiction, nonfiction)
- Narrating in character
- Why should authors make an audiobook version of their work
- Should authors who want to create audio versions of their books write with audio in mind?
- Should authors hire narrators or narrate their own books
- Her production process making an audiobook
- How long it takes to complete a recording
- Outtakes and funny recording stories.
- How an author can find voiceover talent for their audiobook
Want to contact Lillian?