Manage episode 329546833 series 2795370
Cooperative co-parenting with an Ex is the goal when you've got kids moving between two homes. You likely want your kids to experience peaceful transitions — you want to avoid tension and conflict as you negotiate with your Ex-Spouse.
But sometimes this seems like an impossible goal.
That's because setting healthy, appropriate boundaries in co-parenting without triggering conflict feels just out of reach.
In this episode, Kim is sharing how she took an 'easy wrong turn' when she felt provoked and pressured by her Ex-Spouse. Plus, we'll talk about how the consequences of her snap decision devastated her and rocked our family.
You'll discover some lessons we've learned over the years and how you can improve your negotiations with your former spouse — even when things get heated and emotionally charged.
The 3 practical strategies we land on will help you develop appropriate boundaries with an Ex and give you a simple framework for setting and maintaining those boundaries.
- How to make wise decisions rather than snap decisions
- A simple framework for setting and holding healthy boundaries with a resistant Ex-spouse
- The importance of protecting kids from being in the middle of parental decisions
- How to manage painful emotions when negotiating with an Ex
Resources from this Episode:
- Episode 134: How to Make Good Decisions in Tough Situations - and Stay Connected as a Couple
- Episode 91: Is Your Husband's Hostile Ex-Wife Invading Your Life, Stealing Your Joy and Confidence?
- Episode 31: 3 Unexpected Ways to Improve How You Cope with Your Ex
- Episode 67: The Best Co-Parenting Strategy That You Already Know
- Episode 112: 3 Dangerous Dynamics That Can Destroy Co-Parenting - And Hurt the Kids
- Episode 41: Are you Unintentionally Putting Your Kids in the Middle?
Ready for some extra support?
We all need some extra support along the blending journey — we're here to help. You can connect with us for a free coaching call to see how we might help you experience more clarity, confidence and connection in your home. Schedule your free call here: https://calendly.com/mikeandkimcoaching/freesession
Subscribe or Follow the Show
Are you subscribed or following the podcast yet? If not, we want to encourage you do that today so you don't miss a single episode.
Leave a Review in Apple Podcasts
If you’re feeling extra helpful, we would be so grateful if you left us a review over on Apple Podcasts too. Your review will help others find our podcast — plus they’re fun for us read too! :-) Just click here to Review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and then select “Write a Review” — let us know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you, we really appreciate your feedback!