Manage episode 297121018 series 2854245
The AICPA Town Hall Series provides the latest news and updates on pressing issues facing the accounting profession.
- Erik Asgeirsson, President & CEO, CPA.com
- Michael Faulkender, Ph.D., Professor Univ of Maryland, Former Chief Economist & Assistant Secretary for Economic Policy, United States Treasury
- Mark Peterson, Executive Vice President, Advocacy, AICPA
- Lisa Simpson, CPA, CGMA, Vice President, Firm Services, AICPA
- Strategic Discussion with Michael Faulkender
- Legislative and Tax Update
- Technical Guidance & Updates
- Former U.S. Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Treasury Department, Dr. Michael Faulkender, an architect of the Paycheck Protection Program, joins CPA.com CEO, Erik Asgeirsson, for a discussion on the defining moments and lessons learned in creating the largest business relief program in U.S. history.
- Mark Peterson, AICPA's Executive Vice President for Advocacy, presents the latest legislative and regulatory updates including the Biden Infrastructure and Tax Proposals, IRS Service & Penalty Relief, paid preparer tax legislation, and simplifying estimated tax deadlines.
- Lisa Simpson, AICPA Vice President of Firm Services, provides a technical guidance: addresses unanswered questions about employee retention credit, the PPP loan forgiveness landscape, and updates on Restaurant Revitalization Fund.