Manage episode 377544789 series 3462147
On June 22, 2023, the Association of Defense Communities (ADC) held ADC Connect, a one-day forum addressing the national security threat of foreign investment near military installations. The forum aimed to identify challenges, review ongoing efforts by DOD and Congress, and establish the role of defense communities in handling this issue.
During this episode, we hear from key members driving this issue and gain insight into ways to move forward:
- Jill McClune, General Counsel, Avon Protection Systems
- Thomas Ford, County Administrator, County of Grand Forks
- Irmie "Ike" Blanton, Division Director, Policy and Engagement, Global Investment and Economic Security Directorate
- Jim Harris, Senior Policy Advisor, U.S. Department of Treasury
- George Schlossberg, Esq, Partner, Kutak Rock; General Counsel, Association of Defense Communities
- Dan Burke, Foreign Investment Risk Review, Compliance and Monitoring, Department of the Air Force and Space Force
America’s Defense Communities | The Podcast is a production of the Association of Defense Communities (defensecommunities.org). This episode is hosted by On Base Editor Randy Ford and produced and mixed by Mark Parrott.
Connect with ADC online:
Find out more at https://americas-defense-communities.pinecast.co