Manage episode 307869702 series 2903371
Por RED-C Catholic Radio descoberto pelo Player FM e nossa comunidade - Os direitos autorais são de propriedade do editor, não do Player FM, e o áudio é transmitido diretamente de seus servidores. Toque no botão Assinar para acompanhar as atualizações no Player FM, ou copie a feed URL em outros aplicativos de podcast.
Trey Cashion discusses with Thaddeus Romansky a Catholic Education Resource Center article (https://www.catholiceducation.org/en/marriage-and-family/parenting/raising-children-of-character-10-principles.html ) on ten principles to raise children of character by Thomas Lickona. In the 2004 article, it lists and explains the following: Parenting is arguably the hardest job there is and the one for which we get no training. Here are ten principles of parenting that can guide us in the demanding work of raising children of character:
- Make Character Development a High Priority
- Be an Authoritative Parent
- Love Children/Love as communication/Love as sacrifice
- Teach by Example
- Manage the Moral Environment
- Use Direct Teaching to Form Habits and Conscience
- Discipline Wisely
- Solve Conflicts Fairly
- Provide Opportunities to Practice the Virtues, and
- Foster Spiritual Development.