Manage episode 348478677 series 1524591
Before we look at the list we have to ask ourselves 2 questions.
- Do I use a laptop as my only means of editing, or do I use it for convenience when not able to sit in front of the desktop? And;
- Am I a Mac or a PC?
- MacBook Pro M1 (16 inch, 2021) (review https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/reviews/apple-macbook-pro-16-inch-2021-review )
- Razer Blade 17
- MacBook Air M2 (review https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/reviews/apple-macbook-air-m2-2022-review )
- Dell XPS 15
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 9
- Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio (review https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/reviews/microsoft-surface-laptop-studio )
- MacBook Pro M2 (13 inch, 2022) (review https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/reviews/apple-macbook-pro-m2-2022-review )
- Asus Zenbook Pro Duo 14 (review https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/reviews/asus-zenbook-pro-14-duo-oled-ux8402-2022-review )
- Razer Blade 15
- LG Gram 14” 2021
- HP Spectre x360 14 OLED (review https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/reviews/hp-spectre-x360-14-oled-review )
- Acer Predator Helios 300 (review https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/reviews/acer-predator-helios-300-review )
Here are 5 things to consider before making that decision.
1. Screen quality matters
Choose a screen that has IPS display tech. IPS monitors or “In-Plane Switching” monitors, leverage liquid crystals aligned in parallel to produce rich colors.
2. Speedy storage
An SSD (solid state drive) is a must in any new laptop. 512GB is a minimum if you’re working with 4K video.
3. Graphic novelty
Dedicated graphics cards are great for gaming, but they’re not a necessity for photo editing. Today’s processors can more than adequately deliver for photo editing. However, if you edit video as well, then you may wish to consider a graphics card as this will only improve the experience.
4. Which processor (CPU)?
Typically, laptop and desktop chips have two or four cores (known as dual-core and quad-core). Some newer models have six and even eight. The more cores, the better, because it allows your computer to run multiple tasks at the same time without slowing down.
5. Mac or PC?
This is very much a marmite subject. You’re either a Mac or a PC.
What laptop do you use or recommend, and why? Let me know in the comments or you can tweet me @GaryFernon.
Until next time, Be Creative, Be Inspired, Be You.--- Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/gary-fernon/message