Learn How to Properly CARE for Yourself & Leverage It For an ENJOYABLE Life | Tom Bilyeu

20:25
 
Compartilhar
 

Manage episode 315949334 series 1333789
Por Impact Theory descoberto pelo Player FM e nossa comunidade - Os direitos autorais são de propriedade do editor, não do Player FM, e o áudio é transmitido diretamente de seus servidores. Toque no botão Assinar para acompanhar as atualizações no Player FM, ou copie a feed URL em outros aplicativos de podcast.
Check out our sponsors:
Indeed: Get a FREE $75 CREDIT to upgrade your job post at indeed.com/IMPACT
MindPump: mindpumpimpact.com
Blinkist: Go to https://blinkist.com/impact Try it FREE for 7 days and save 25% off your new subscription.
Athletic Greens: Go to athleticgreens.com/impact and receive a FREE 1 year supply of Vitamin D AND 5 free travel packs with your first purchase!
“If you don't have time to meditate for an hour everyday, you should meditate for two hours.” - Zen Proverb
Think you don’t have time for self-care in stressful times? What if you’re not sure whether you should take a break or continue to grind it out?
When it comes to the subject of self-care, people often have a lot of opinions - some of them make sense, while some of them don’t.
In today’s episode of Impact Theory, I’ll be answering these questions (and more) around how to effectively implement self-care in your life.
I’ll not only share what I believe to be the ultimate foundational self-care routine, I’ll also go into the reasons why you should be taking care of yourself in the first place, what to do if you have low self-esteem, and more.
So whether you’re currently living an easy life or you’re in the middle of the most stressful week of your life, I hope you get value out of this episode and most importantly, I hope you use what you’ve learned to improve your own self-care routine.
SHOW NOTES:
00:00 | Introduction
00:38 | How To View Self-Care As Essential To Success
04:40 | When To Refuel vs. Continue To Grind
08:48 | Lack of Self Love? Or Just Bad Prioritizing?
15:36 | Where To Start If You Have Low Self-Esteem
19:06 | Keeping Up With Self-Care During Stressful Times
QUOTES:
“The reason that I work out, the reason that I prioritize sleep, the reason that I meditate - all of those things are because I know that that's what you need to do in order to cognitively optimize.” [01:55]
“You can't, unfortunately, just tell yourself to love yourself. While it helps a little bit, it's maybe 5%. The other 95% is actually doing something that you think is worthy of respect, actually doing something that makes you feel that you have worth.” [10:19]
“The whole point of life is to optimize for fulfillment and joy. And beating ourselves up, thinking ourselves worthless, do not move us towards that goal.” [11:40]
“If you're doing that - working really hard to get exceptional at something that matters, that the world cares about and that you love, and then you contribute in a way that elevates you and other people - that's the game of fulfillment.” [18:26]
“If you're doing that - working really hard to get exceptional at something that matters, that the world cares about and that you love, and then you contribute in a way that elevates you and other people - that's the game of fulfillment.” [18:26]
“The whole idea is as you lower that stress and anxiety, you get into a calm and creative space where you can problem solve. And so that's the goal - we want to get into a place where we can begin problem solving.” [20:09]

912 episódios