How to double your earning while prioritizing what's important for yourself, as shown by Mark Cuban and Morgan Freeman
Manage episode 272785970 series 2709805
How many times have you heard people say to you, “work hard” or “hustle harder”? Plenty probably. But as your life changes, you might start to realize that those old rules are not something you can (or care to) keep up with. If you get to fast forward your life in 10-20 years, would you honestly want still be doing the grind?
So then the question now becomes, is it at all possible to still be super successful AND do things your way?
Turns out, though, it has little to do with the hustle, but more to do with your relationships—with yourself AND with others. And no, I’m not talking necessarily about your family or loved ones (though those are definitely important).
I want to look at hidden aspects of our lives that actually compound, affect your work, and matter more than you realize.
In today’s episode, you’ll learn:
- How top performers like Morgan Freeman differentiate themselves from the rest, as experienced during his VISA ads recording for the Olympics.
- The little known reasons why Mark Cuban became a billionaire.
- How to limit what you follow, watch, and listen to keep important things a priority.
- Ways to stay in control in a high-pressured or chaotic situation.
- How to have the right amount of social activities during social distancing.
- The proper attitude for creating a new personal and business relationship.
First, hit FOLLOW or SUBSCRIBE.
In this episode, we’ll be talking to:
Andi Lew is a best-selling author and a wellness and relationship expert. She’s been featured on Good Day New York, CBS Los Angeles, and the Today Show among many others. Andi talks the value of being upfront when going into a new relationship—personal or business, PLUS:
- 4:32 Why we should take control of our health and not just accept what’s given to us, including:
- 5:16 Why relationship with yourself should be a priority, even if it hasn’t been in the past.
- 6:20 How to have the right amount of social activities during social distancing.
- 7:03 What listening has anything to do with calming the chaos that’s happening outside.
- 10:20 The proper attitude for creating a new personal and business relationship.
Javier Mercedes is an audio and video engineer and the creator of the Passion in Progress Podcast. He is an Adobe PRO expert and has worked with the likes of Mark Cuban, Shark Tank and Dallas Mavericks owner. Javier shares what Cuban did to him in the time that he was in the same room, including:
- 11:50 His experience of working on Jimmy Carter’s audiobook, Jason Bateman, Morgan Freeman, and Federal Reserve.
- 12:45 How the top performer like Morgan Freeman differentiate themselves from the rest, as experienced during his VISA Ads recording for the Olympics.
- 14:54 The fine line that top performers tread, that you can also emulate.
- 16:13 How to 2x your fee, up to hundreds of dollars, by not wasting other people’s time.
- 16:52 Little known reasons why Mark Cuban became a billionaire.
Anim Aweh is the founder of Aweh Supports, LLC and she specializes in helping people of color to overcome physical and mental health barriers and get out of depression and anxiety. She encourages people to have difficult yet important conversations. Anim gets on the podcast to chat about how you can get unstuck while working from home, and.
- 19:50 The sneaky ways that anxiety can affect you without you realizing it.
- 21:00 Why health is more important than ever to keep you charging towards success.
- 22:25 Why work-from-home isn’t always easier and how to stay mentally strong.
- 23:18 How movement and walks can really help you.
- 24:13 How to limit what you follow, watch, and listen to keep important things a priority.
Megan Rafuse is the owner of the Shift Collab in Toronto, Canada and she is passionate about linking people who are looking to get unstuck with professionals who can help, training, and workshop that can get you the results you’re looking for. Megan sits down to talk about the value of treating yourself like you would your own best friend. And,
- 26:12 The compound effects that can change your business success for worse or better.
- 27:08 How to deal with a lot of unknowns, uncertainties, and how to get control back to your business.
- 28:02 How to deal with unprecedented stress, and frustration.
- 29:25 How to create a new normal that would work for you.
- 30:01 Ways to stay in control in a high-pressured or chaotic situation.
Don't forget to FOLLOW or SUBSCRIBE.