Manage episode 322201765 series 3253070
Today, I’m joined by Laura Lorta and Ashley Durden of BellaValiente, a mentorship community for women who want to achieve their goals through motivation, support and accountability. Laura and Ashley offer weekly email check-ins, bi-weekly self-development chats and monthly meetings for members. There’s also a catalog of snackable self-help videos and recordings of previous meetings so that members can dig into whatever topic interests them.
In our conversation, we cover everything from their current self-care routines to how they’ve grown as entrepreneurs through their latest venture. They share how their friendship has blossomed since they started BellaValiente and the benefits of collaborating rather than being a solopreneur.
We also talk about the power of affirmations, which have been a consistent part of both of their self-care practices. We discuss how to stay flexible and curious about your routine while staying rooted in what brings you joy no matter which season of life you’re in.
Listen in to hear more of our conversation about achieving balance and alignment in business and beyond.
- Ashley and Laura’s journey from sorority sisters to co-owners of BellaValiente
- How motherhood has influenced Laura’s drive and goal setting
- The mindset shift that comes with entrepreneurship
- How to tell when your self-care routine is no longer serving you
- Affirmations that are really speaking to Laura and Ashley right now
- How they approach tough business conversations
- Their goal and vision for BellaValiente
- Professional Trouble Maker: The Fear-Fighter Manual by Luvvie Ajayi
- How to Get Sh*t Done: Why Women Need to Stop Doing Everything so They Can Achieve Anything by Erin Falconer
Ylani Talks is a podcast that’s redefining self-care and love for your mental health one conversation at a time. If you feel called to share the reasons why you should also be one, now’s your chance! Fill out the form HERE to be featured on the show.