Manage episode 337132005 series 3253070
Today I am joined by Vineeta Prasad, a Registered Clinical Counselor in British Columbia and the founder of Feeling & Healing Wellness. Vineeta is a wellness enthusiast and has built a community through mindfulness techniques such as yoga, meditation, and breathwork. All three have the power to heal wounds, provide a routine for the uncentered, and allow for self-awareness.
Vineeta’s community combines fact-based therapy with holistic wellness practices. Instead of offering two separate entities, Vineeta bridges the gap to understand the individual and match wellness practices to the circumstance. It is not a one size fits all program because everyone in the community has a different story. Vineeta breaks it down in a safe space with coping skills to take home. Today, we learn healing is ongoing, and we need multiple mechanisms on our journey.
Join me on today’s episode as Vineeta shares what led her to create her wellness brand and why community is so important in healing your past trauma.
- Healing is a continuous process and travels at its own pace
- Holistic wellness encompasses a variety of practices for every day
- Self awareness is vital on your healing journey
- Always have a routine to recenter your mindset
- You are in full control of how you heal
- Bridging the gap between fact-based therapy and a holistic approach
- What Happened to you? by Dr. Bruce Perry and Oprah Winfrey
Ylani Talks is a podcast that’s redefining self-care and love for your mental health one conversation at a time. If you feel called to share the reasons why you should also be one, now’s your chance! Fill out the form HERE to be featured on the show.