Manage episode 292509794 series 2662644
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is an intestinal disorder that causes pain in the belly, gas, diarrhea, and constipation. Many are led to believe that this is normal and that there’s no way around the symptoms. But is that true? Is there a way to reduce the effects of IBS In the body?
In this episode, Dr. Ann-Marie Barter addresses these concerns with an expert integrative and functional dietitian, Bridgitte Carroll. She is the Founder and CEO of Well By Bridgitte and has studied with some of the finest minds in functional medicine. She helps her clients get to the root cause of their gut imbalances with her 4 step process.
In this episode we address these questions:
- How did Bridgitte deal with IBS in her own life?
- What are common IBS symptoms?
- Are there treatments for IBS?
- Can supplements or probiotics treat IBS?
- Do parasite infections like h pylori contribute to IBS?
- What’s the connection between IBS and leaky gut?
- Should you be on strictly food elimination diets?
- What’s a timeline for clearing up gut infections?
- Do Anxiety and depression go away after dealing with IBS?
- What are neurotransmitters?
- What should you do daily to keep your gut healthy?
- How often should you do stool testing?
Connect with Bridgitte:
Access the gut health webinar: http://guthealthcolorado.com/
Subscribe for more gut health content and share this podcast with a friend! Take a screenshot of this episode and Dr. Ann-Marie Barter:
Dr. Ann-Marie Barter is a Functional Medicine and Chiropractic Doctor at Alternative Family Medicine & Chiropractic. She is the clinic founder of Alternative Family Medicine & Chiropractic that has two offices one in Longmont and Denver. They treat an array of health conditions overlooked or under-treated by conventional medicine, called the "grey zone". https://altfammed.com/ https://drannmariebarter.com/